Interested in working to safeguard our elections? The Hudson City Democratic Committee is seeking candidates for a part-time/seasonal position working for the Board of Elections. The Election Custodian helps oversee the transporting and setting up of the voting machines. This position is an integral part of helping to safeguard against election fraud in our local elections. The position requires:
- Registration as a Democrat in Hudson
- Demonstrated track record of being reliable, punctual
- Attention to detail and able to report any suspicious activity
Poll Site Custodian’s Responsibilities
Before Election Day
- Meet County truck at specific day & time. There may be a wait time.
- Oversee delivery of machine and allow access into building.
- Sign transport manifest that is in machine folder on top of the machine.
- Place machine in a secure area, leaving the cover on and all seals intact.
- While awaiting delivery, set up tables and chairs in voting area per floor map and instructions.
Election Day (11am for Primary Election; 5am for General Election)
- Unlock doors to allow access to inspectors.
- Set up or finish setting up voting room.
- Set up parking area with signs and cones.
- If necessary, aid inspector with lifting monitor into place;
- Verify with inspectors that ballot box is empty.;
- After polls have closed, break down parking area and poll site, lock up poll site after all inspectors have left.
After Election Day
- Meet truck at appointed day & time and oversee loading of machine onto truck.;
- Sign transport manifest along with truck driver and place in folder on top of machine;
- Sign voucher and place in folder on top of machine w/ transport manifest;
Interested candidates should contact Michael Chameides, Chair of the Hudson Democrats, at email@example.com.